A traditional Chinese medicine
This ancient science is a branch of traditional Chinese medicine that uses fine needles implanted in various points of the body for therapeutic purposes.
Effective treatment for: Allergy
ADD & ADHD
The effects of acupuncture are multiple: pain relief, resorption of inflammation, acceleration of the tissue regeneration process, etc.
It is also possible to perform acupuncture with a laser. This has several advantages, even if the laser is less commonly used in practice: it is inexpensive, completely painless and leaves no marks. The effects are similar to those of traditional acupuncture.
The laser is used in the same way as needles and there are several models with different characteristics.
Acupressure is a popular variant of acupuncture, which is performed without needles. As a substitute, finger pressure, elbow pressure, foot pressure, etc. are used depending on the desired effect on the acupuncture point.
However, the number of points that can be stimulated by acupressure is reduced in comparison with the use of the needle. The lower precision of the acupressure process limits it. Acupressure can be used to treat common ailments and prevent organ weaknesses.
At the Clinique Physio Guindon in Dorval, our qualified acupuncturist offers a range of treatments tailored to the specific needs of patients, including:
- Pain management: muscle pain, joint pain, migraines
- Treatment of sleep disorders: insomnia, chronic fatigue
- Help with stress and anxiety management
- Support for fertility and fertility treatments
- Assistance with digestive disorders
- Treatment of respiratory problems: asthma, seasonal allergies
- Hormonal balance, such as in cases of perimenopause
- Relieving muscle pain by releasing muscle tone
The first visit consists of a comprehensive evaluation of your health status and medical history. This allows the acupuncturist to create a personalized treatment plan. Acupuncture sessions typically last between 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the complexity of your case.
- Natural and non-invasive approach
- Can be used in conjunction with other medical treatments
- Contributes to the overall balance of the body and disease prevention
- Can help improve quality of life by managing a variety of health problems
Who is this service for?
Acupuncture is suitable for people of all ages, whether they are seeking to manage a specific health condition, relieve chronic pain, or simply improve their overall well-being.
For more information
Contact the Clinique Physio Guindon in Dorval in the West of the island of Montreal to learn more about our acupuncture services and how they can help you.