- Having been an acupuncturist for over twenty years, I am always surprised and delighted to see the effects produced by needle insertion (single use) or even by using a soft laser.
- In the past, a mother of two young children who had been experiencing unpleasant symptoms came in for a consultation. We discovered she had an energy imbalance and we were able to restore it. Recently, she came back to see me so I could help her 3 year old son who suffered from recurring illnesses such as the flu, tonsillitis, gastroenteritis, etc.
- When using Chinese medicine we must always establish an energy diagnosis with the symptoms reported by the client.
- In this example, the acupuncturist must be able to tell the difference between the stagnation of the liver’s energy, an excessive fire of the liver, lack in energy emanating from the spleen-pancreas complex and a lung or kidney energy depletion. It would seem that the child’s immune system was low; he lacked energy, slept a lot and was cranky upon wakening. I suggested we use a mild laser to treat his deficient immune system. In general, 4 sessions will be sufficient to realign children’s energy as they become stronger to fight viruses. However in this case, it took a series of 7 treatments in order for him to get back on his feet. He came in for a few more times that year however 2 years later, he doesn’t need to use antibiotics although he may catch a cold every now and then.
- Everyone is happy, including the doctor.
Articles from our clinic
In the last few years, concussion has been the health subject that has drawn a lot of attention. Sports such as hockey and football have been particularly singled out, especially the NFL which has been accused of not being as transparent as it could have been with the long-term negative effects of concussions and how the injuries are treated by the teams.
Spinal Manipulation is the application of controlled force to a joint, moving it beyond the normal range of motion in an effort to aid in restoring health. Manipulation may be performed as a part of other therapies or whole medical systems, including osteopathy, massage, and naturopathy.
The word holistic is often used in discussing a person’s health or treatment, but many people are still uncertain exactly what it means. The word holistic comes from the Greek word holos, meaning “entire” or “all.” Rather than some weird definition, holistic treatment simply means treating the entire person.
Here are exercises that can be done by yourself if you have temporomandibular joint problems.
A client consults in physiotherapy following a bad fall in the stairs that resulted in a long scratch along the inside of her leg, down to the ankle. Following a careful analysis of the resulting edema, Mr Guindon recommends a massotherapy treatment with Sophie. With this type of injury, our body calls out different internal systems to first, defend itself and then, regenerate healthy new tissues around the injured area. The inflammatory and cellular repair phases were almost completed when we started treatment. At that point, there were no more remaining visible edemas on the outside of the skin, only a small bulge around the top tibial plateau area. In massothe allowsrapy, we view this tissue accumulation as a potential gridlock for blood circulation as well as a lack of tissue elasticity. We therefore focused our interventions around these areas : A lymphatic drainage promotes a better blood and lymphatic flow that allows better elimination through nourishment and oxygenation of damaged tissues. Using strokes of vibration, effleurage and petrissage, we were able to reestablish healthy blood flow, increasing internal temperature which in turn will help increase elasticity of the connecting tissues through what we call, myofascial release. Working on improving […]